How to add the Lucketts.net Certificate(s) in Win XP [modified 2 Feb 2007]
Recent changes in Internet Explorer have broken our existing security certificates. In the past, most customers have had to tell their browser once to accept secure Lucketts.net connections, but the new Explorer will not by default allow that choice to stick. It is now necessary to download certificates by hand to make MS Internet Explorer accept our security certificates. The certificates need to be placed in the "Trusted Root Certificate Authorities" folder instead of the default IE choice for them to work. You only have to do this if you want to access our secure servers, and even then you can select to manually accept the certificate each time. Following this process will speed up your future access to secure functions such as email. You should load both certificates.
1. Copy the Lucketts.net Server Certificate(s) by right-clicking on this link and then this link. For each link, select "Save Target As" and download the file to your desktop. Double click on the lucketts.crt icon to open the "Certificate" window then press the "Install Certificate" button.
2. When the certificate Import Wizard opens, click on "Next" >
3. Make sure the "Place all certificates in the following store" button is selected. Click on browse and select the Trusted Root Certificate Authorities and then press "Next". This tells your PC that Lucketts.net is allowed to set up a secure connection to your PC, and if we say a server is one of ours, your PC will believe us and allow it to make a secure connection as well. >
4. Click "Finish"
5. Click OK on the "Import was successful" window, then click on "OK" on the larger Certificate window.
6. You'll end up back on the original window, but this time just click "OK". The certificate is now installed.
7. Repeat this process with the mail.lucketts.net.cer icon.